If you have come across Windows 10 iso download and are puzzled of how to do it, then we are here to help you. But prior to learning how to download Windows 10 ISO, let us understand what is an ISO file.
What is Windows 10 ISO Download?
ISO is a file format, also called ISO image, which is the digital copy or virtual duplicate of an optical disc. It is basically a representation of the entire CD or BD or DVD. All the contents of a disc are boxed into an ISO file. We have shared Windows 10 ISO file download on this page.
ISO files are largely distributed over the Internet so that all the program files can be contained systematically into a single file.
However, it is to be noted that an ISO file is of no good use unless and until it is opened and assembled.
Now, Windows 10 can be purchased and downloaded in an ISO format from Microsoft directly, which can be readily be extracted onto a device or used on a virtual machine.
Windows 10 can burn ISO images to a disc without making use of any third-party software.
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro ISO Download – Overview
Microsoft’s Windows 10 is the latest easy-to-use and simplest of all the Windows operating systems. The OS combines the features of Windows 7 and Windows 8 along with some exciting new features that are absolutely amazing to use. Windows 10 Pro can be downloaded on PCs, smartphones, tablets, Xbox One, Surface Hubs, embedded systems and Holo lens. When you use Windows 10 Pro ISO download, you come across certain new features and some of the old features that have been given a new refined touch.
The features, the performance and the user experience of this Windows 10 Pro Build 10240 is all fantastic, garnering great reviews from Windows Insider Program (a global Microsoft Windows fan community). This community, based on their reviews, is involved in optimizing the development of a new Windows OS, at every stage. This is one of the main reasons why Windows 10 Pro Build 10240 is almost hassle-free.
The new features include upgrading the lock screen for having 4 pins in Windows 8.1 to 35+ pins in Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise.
The new enhanced welcome screen has a plethora of themes to fall in love with.
Also get Windows 10 Product key for free.
The most interesting part is the captivating Windows icon on the bottom left corner which on the click will display the start menu and will take the user experience to altogether a different level.
Cortana, the personal assistant, is yet another exciting feature. The Microsoft Edge has overtaken the previous Internet Explorer providing better performance to the users.
Discontinued Features in Windows 10 Pro ISO
With the several new features and enhanced old features, there were certain features from the previously available ones that are removed, which include the following:
- Windows DVD player is not available.
- One-Drive (which has a built-in sync client ) is discontinued.
- The option to choose the Windows version for updating does not exist anymore.
- The Windows Media Player is not available for use.
Features of Windows 10
Perhaps there are many other new exciting features that have been bundled with the Windows 10 Pro. These features include the following:
- The Start Menu – While Windows 8 was short of the start menu, the start menu returns in Windows 10. The new start menu has two panels side-by-side, the left-side column showing the pinned and most recently used apps while the right-side column displays the tiles which can be customized and resized. Additionally, the start menu can be expanded to full screen, thereby canceling the demand for a modern UI start screen.
- Cortana available on Desktop – The voice-over digital assistant of Windows, Cortana on the Desktop makes interaction with your system easier. With Cortana, you can send an email or open presentations and do several other things, promoting multitasking.
- Greater and Improved Multitasking – This feature enables to use a set of Windows on the same PC for managing multiple open windows and apps.
Other features of the new Windows 10 entail the following:
- Gaming (Xbox One App) and Multimedia
- Windows 10 defender (acting as anti-virus)
- Continuum Mode for simpler and easier switching between the hybrid laptop-tablet mode.
- Windows 10 Store and The Universal Apps in order to enhance the transition across the different set of devices.
- Improved search
- Improved Snap view
Coming back to downloading the latest Windows 10 ISO, here is the way to do it:
- Microsoft has particularly set up a page for Windows 10 iso free download.
- Download the latest Windows 10 ISO files
- When all the other procedures/ methods to upgrade to the latest Windows 10 build fail, the option you can try is to make use of the Windows 10 ISO for installing, reinstalling an/ or upgrading.
- Post the download of the ISO file, you can store it in either a USB or DVD or flash drive.
Perhaps, there are certain points to be considered before actually going for initiating the windows 10 pro iso download:
Backup your data – Transfer all your vital data to an external storage media such as USB or DVD.
Ensure to have the Windows password in handy.
Ensure a proper internet connection.
Make sure to have a decent amount of space on the storage medium.
It is also important to check whether you have a 32-bit processor or a 64-bit processor.
> Keep a blank USB or DVD with a minimum of 4GB space available.
> Also, keep a track of all the minimum system requirements.
> Make sure that you download the ISO in the language that you are currently using.
> Also, note the edition of Windows currently in use and download the same. The choices for the same will be given in a dropdown list. The edition available now are Windows 10, Windows 10 N and Windows 10 Single Language.
When you have checked and confirmed onto all these details, you can visit Microsoft’s site and click on the Confirm button for Windows 10 ISO download.
Prior the Windows 10 ISO download starts, you will be asked for choosing the language, the edition, whether the download is for 32-bit or 64-bit system.
Follow the above-mentioned steps and consider the things necessary prior to the download for Windows 10 ISO free download.