What is a blog
Whenever you want to store some information, the blog is the first place you remember. It is an online journal or informational website, which displays your data. Many writers or group of writers have different opinions on the subject.
Purpose of having a blog
When you have useful information at hand, this becomes an excellent source for starting a blog. Some people are very good at cooking; some people are very good at gardening and many more. Nowadays, people are searching for information online, and they prefer the blog as it gives free and reliable information. This is giving a good business for bloggers, so we should decide the primary purpose of the blog first. It is a perfect business which provides you with money directly to your account. All business depends upon its customers, the same way a blog depends on its traffic. The more you go close to your readers, the more you touch their hearts, the more traffic it created and money. A blog can be built on your hobby, your passion, your work, or anything.
Structure of a blog
Over time the patterns of blogs changed, which included different items. But most of the blogs have features and structure that are standard. A typical blog will have a
- Header with menu
- The main content area which is highlighted
- Sided bar with social profiles
- Favorite content footer with external links
The structure of your blog is also fundamental; you need to include many options provided over there.
How to Build a Blog
Here is step by step guide, on how to start a blog. You can start a blog in 6 simple steps.
- You should first decide a name for the blog. Choose some descriptive and short name. A short blog name is easy to remember. If you are dealing with food recipes, you can go with names like cooking or something related to food. This tells the readers that the blog is related to food.
- Next step is taking your blog online. For this, you need to register your blog and get hosting. There are multiple hosts available for blogging WordPress and Blogger for popular nowadays. They also offer a free and simple installation of blogging software you get customer service.
- Now it’s time to customize your blog. For this, you need to check with the themes. You get free themes and paid themes, and you can decide it according to the appearance you need. You can also add background images of your own choice then select the colors according to your theme.
- You can publish your articles, and this is the most fun part. Now your blog is ready, and it’s time to post and publish your blog, or for this, you can give a page saying coming soon too.
- You have to promote your blog, to get more people to read it. Blog promotion plays a dominant role in the success of your blog. After your blog is ready, promote it in all the relevant fields. You can use social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, to help your blog. You can also improve your blog through email marketing and other techniques. The quality of your blog plays a significant role, so see that your blog has an excellent condition.
- To make money out of your blog, you need to choose from several options that are available to monetize your blog. Now it’s time to start earning since you have finished all the steps and the final step is to monetize your blog. If your blog is popular advertisers start accepting it. You can make money through Google AdSense or advertising other products or many more.
Though there are many platforms, on which a blog can be developed, WordPress and Blogger are very popular, WordPress is ruling the blogging Kingdom.
First, Choose a Topic
Choose an area where you have an interest, and there is scope. After choosing the topic, the next thing you have to decide upon is the title. The title should be the synopsis of your blog. It should not be too long or too short. A simple, meaningful title attracts more users. Depending on the type of your blog, you can decide the theme of your blog; it can be either simple or something trendy.
Search Engine Optimisation
When your content gets on the top of the search, you will get more traffic. For this, first, you need to understand what are keywords and how to use them in your content. If you are outsourcing this work to any writer, you need to cross check if the keywords for being placed not or adequately.
There are many tools which can give you an analysis of the keywords. With the help of those tools, try to search the keywords relevant to your topic. Later you need to search keywords which you have to include in your blog article. Search Engine Optimisation happens when the keywords are correctly placed.
How Can We Earn Money on Blogs?
Blogging is a unique kind of business, where you invest your time, your talent, and get results out of it. But we may wonder while many bloggers are not making much out of it. There are some specific rules which you follow gifts you the best out of your blog.
Never think from your point of you, always remember what readers would like to read. There is some content which attracts users and goes viral instantly, whereas others will not reach many. Always remember your blog should be informative as well as able to engage the audience.
Once your blog is ready, it’s time to monetize it. You can earn a good income, once you increase your traffic. You can make money in several ways.
AdSense is an advertisement, which is placed by Google services. This is a designed program for publishers, who display text, video, or image advertisements on their blogs or websites. To attract users and make money, you can have ad related to your content. When your blog has more traffic, the ads are viewed many numbers of times, and your income will be generated.
- Affiliate marketing
This kind of marketing is based on the performance of the blog or business. It allows communication between merchants and affiliates, and the blogs get paid based on the traffic and sales they could generate.
- Sponsored post
Once your blog gets popular, people approach you for a sponsored post. It can be published by you or by them. It is generally to promote their brand or promote their product and services. You get paid to publish this on your blog.
- Other ad networks
Apart from the ad networks mentioned above, there are also different kinds of ad networks which help you to earn the right amounts. Examples are media.net, taboola, revenue hits, etc.
How Top Bloggers Earn Their Income
Some bloggers can earn an excellent salary with their blogs. They follow some simple strategy to make it work. Let us discuss this strategy.
- First, they focus on the content and keywords.
- Second, they provide good images along with keywords.
- Third, they try to see that the material is friendly and informative.
Some bloggers also publish articles, which are more than informative, like engaging. This forms a good source of income for you. From this, they activate the AdSense account. By displaying the ads on their blog, they earn a good profit. There is also another method from which you can earn through blogging. That is a direct sale. Some bloggers focus more on their product or service in their blogs. They write their articles in coordination with their product or service. They promote their product and also give information related to the subject.
For example, if a person is selling a course on how to Garden and protect your plants, he must be connected to the gardening department. It is not a compulsion that every gardening blogger sells something related to gardening, but those who sell have more income.
6 Mistakes Most of the Beginner Bloggers Commit and Solutions to Them
Most of the beginners publish articles, which are of great interest to them. The ideas can come to them, at any time and they will be of any subject. But it never means that it is a good idea.
Blogs should always contain articles that target our audience. That is, they should target a particular audience. It should focus on the goals of the company.
Most of the writers writing will be very rigid. They provide informative articles, but the key to success is, engaging articles. The Reader should feel the communication between the writer and the reader. So, do not be stiff.
When you are writing an essay, imagine that you are speaking to your reader. To Write your content in a friendly manner as if you are talking about the subject to your friend. Do not use typical words. Use simple words which are grammatically correct with zero Plagiarism. You can use one or two typical words, but do not dump your article with only typical words.
You may select the topics which are too broad, but this gives you confusion on what all points to cover how to cover and many more. As the quality of the content is much more important than its quantity to gather a targeted audience.
You need to start with a specific topic. You cannot beat around the bush. You can use the blog title ideas generator. This tool allows you to enter the words you need to cover, and you can produce titles according to it.
Some writers get very excited about the idea and dump all the information they know. They write their article without giving specific points. It becomes very tough for readers.
You should be very selective about the points and make a list of points. So that it becomes easy for the readers and attractive. You need to follow a simple template so that it gives you an outline of the article and the rest can be managed easily with greater reach.
Most of the writers do not check for the plagiarism, while writing. We may unknowingly copy the writing of others, which is very wrong. It may be treated as stealing other people’s content, which will be penalized by Google and which could give you a big blow and stop the growth of your blog.
You should know how to write unique content, if u use some content of others, please mention the names or links whenever you are using others ideas.
Many people think that their work is finished, after writing, which is not right. Mostly they forget to edit the content and published an article without editing.
Always edit your work after you write it. After finishing your write up, close take a break and then go to your article again. Read it thoroughly word by word, so that you can understand what the mistakes that have happened are and you get a chance of correcting it. You also need to check spelling mistakes, punctuality mistakes, and some other words which come in a flow.
- Do proper research on current trending topics and select one of them.
- Place your articles in your blog with specified keywords, at the right place.
- Your articles must be informative and friendly.
- Upload articles regularly as it is the key to success